WSOP 2017: What’s new + Full Schedule
The new World Series of Poker 2017 will take place from May, 30 to July, 18th and is expected to have 74 events, including a couple of new ones. We could highlight $365 THE GIANT, The killer of “The Colossus” among the other. Quite possible. It will have a new world record on number of participants in a single poker tournament.
Have you hardly forgotten the previous one and about to have a new WSOP under way? You are not alone. That is normal. We get to know the new Main Event Champion’s name in late autumn.
This year the management of the series didn’t aim to change something and left all variables just where they were. The same casino, the same tables the same personnel, similar structures etc.
Among new tournaments are these eight:
- $10K Tag Team No-Limit Hold'em Championship
- $333 WSOP.com ONLINE No-Limit Hold'em
- THE GIANT – $365 No-Limit Hold'em
- THE MARATHON – $2,620 No-Limit Hold'em
- $1,000 No-Limit Hold'em Super Turbo BOUNTY
- $2,500 Big Bet Mix
- $3,333 WSOP.com ONLINE No-Limit Hold'em High Roller
- $1,500 No-Limit Hold'em/Pot-Limit Omaha 8-Handed Mix
To be honest, they are not so interesting for wide audience. Unlike “The Giant” though.
THE GIANT: month-long tournament
“The Giant” is a big experiment of WSOP, exaggerated version of The Colossus which had its record field of more than 20,000 entries.
The Giant should be even bigger. Buy-in was lowered to the incredibly low (to WSOP standards) mark and the tournament is now going to last for over a month! It will start on June, 9th and will finish on July, 9th.
There are only 5 starting days (on Fridays) with no-limit re-entries. Day 2 starts almost in a month after Day 1. That’s about who is this event for. Not for tourists or amateurs as they wo;; have to stay in Vegas for a week/two weeks/the whole month or fly here twice (that’s costy).
Those ITM right after Day 1 are able to cash out right away.
The second interesting tournament with $2,620 starts on June, 12th. It has the name The Marathon. The thing is the starting stack will have 26,200 chips and the levels will last for 100 minutes. This is a true marathon for a common tournament.
This is especially pleasant when hyper-turbo tournaments are trending as the part of online poker room propaganda. The shorter the better. Nope! WSOP remembers the fans of real poker!
Key tournaments of World Series of Poker 2017
Now let’s speak of the major events, there aren’t too many changes:
- Colossus III: The third episode of the tournament of galactic-sized scale, which is able to lose “the arm’s race” to its newest rival – “The Giant”.
- Millionaire Maker: as usual, the winner will get $1 million
- Monster Stack: despite the name, the players will start the tournament with 15,000 chips, a lot less than in “The Marathon”.
- Little One for One Drop: mini-version of the most expensive event.
- The Main Event: classic one, starts on July, 8th.
- High Roller for One Drop: the most expensive tournament of the series with buy-in of $111,111.
Full WSOP 2017 schedule:
More interesting and useful articles from the world of poker you can read in our blog. Also search for poker clubs in the country or city, get to know about upcoming poker tournaments or cash games at PokerDiscover.com portal.
If you liked the article, don’t forget to share it with your friends in social networks.