Artemis Turbo Poker Festival Cyprus, May, 2-7: $100,000 guaranteed to the winners!
We haven’t yet written about these guys. This is a new (yet very experienced) team, which specializes on cash festivals in Cyprus and Georgia. They’ve decided to enter a new high level and organize a full-scale mini-series - Artemis Turbo Poker Festival in Kaya Artemis Poker Club (Northern Cyprus). The guaranteed prizes are huge. For instance, main event champion will receive at least $25,000!
The team is called Innovative Management of Poker (I'M Poker) and consists of the people who worked in such series as WPT Nationals and Classic, WSOP Circuits and PartyPoker and PokerStars events. In particular, it is headed by GTLive tournament director Sergei Abrat.
They’ve hold five festivals during the latest six months in “Artemis” and gathered quite a crowd. The most important in their activity is the following:
- Emphasis on amateurs. Players from Israel, Turkey, Russia, Romania, Cyprus, Greece, Ukraine, India and other countries come to the festival and almost all of them do that as part of their vacation to entertain themselves. According to the organizers, they were able to create the atmosphere for the comfortable play for amateurs competing with each other.
- Specializing on cash festivals. Another important moment: cash tables receive as much attention as the tournaments. The stuff has huge experience organizing both.
- Maximally loyal conditions for players. Example: free accommodation in the main building of 5-star hotel “Artemis”, free food and drinks in the room 24/7, free alcohol, cigarettes and cigars, transfer to and from the airport, avia tickets sales e.t.c.
Where and when
The series will begin on March, 2nd and continue till May, 7th. The location is poker club in the ARTEMİS hotel.
There are two major events in the schedule:
- $800 Artemis Main event ($25,000 guaranteed to the winner)
- and $1500 6-max High Roller ($20,000 guaranteed to the winner)
These are the major tournaments, there are much more of them. For instance, there is hyper-turbo tournament Midnight and Super Holdem. This is quite an interesting schedule.
Cash table also take an important place. Those are basic stakes and their characteristics:
NL Hold’em and Pot-Limit Omaha:
- $5-5, buy-in 100$-200$, rake 5%, 30 cap,
- $5-10, buy-in 500$-2500$, rake 5%, 50 cap,
- $10-25, buy-in 1000$-no cap, rake 5%, 75 cap.
Let us notice, that the rake (and cap) is one of the lowest at Cyprus.
Artemis Turbo Poker Festival organizers have quite a diverse set of packages for players. There is even a unique feature for event of this kind. High Roller package worth $3,599 includes the flight! This is rare. And the package includes $3,550 in buy-in money…
Also pay attention: playing at $2/5 for 6 hours or more allows you to stay in the hotel Artemis free + free transfer to and from the airport.
More interesting and useful articles from the world of poker you can read in our blog. Also search for poker clubs in the country or city, get to know about upcoming poker tournaments or cash games at PokerDiscover.com portal.
If you liked the article, don’t forget to share it with your friends in social networks.